Guaranty Bank understands how important privacy and security are to you not only in your banking, but also in your everyday life. We do our best to maintain the highest levels of security to protect your information. We also want to arm you with current information that you can use to keep up with cyber criminals.
You can also find a wealth of free resources by visiting www.onguardonline.gov
Digital Privacy and Cookies Policy
Date of most recent update: May 10, 2019
Introduction and scope of policy
Agreement to policy
By using a Site or interacting with a Guaranty Bank advertisement or page or account on a third-party site, you consent to this Policy, including your consent to our use and disclosure of information about you in the manner described in this Policy.
Types of information
You may interact with us in a variety of ways online, including through a mobile device. We may offer sites or applications that permit browsing and do not require registration. We may also offer the ability to enroll, register or access your accounts online. Information that we may collect about you through online interaction includes information that you input, such as your name, address, email address, other contact information; data resulting from your activity, such as transaction information; and location information. We may also gather additional information, such as the type of device and browser you are using, the IP address of your device, information about your device’s operating
system, and additional information associated with your device. We may also gather information collected through cookies, tags, and other technologies, as described further below.
About “cookies” and Ad Choices on third party sites
Do you have to accept cookies?
You may be able to set your browser to reject browser cookies. However, if you choose to reject cookies, you cannot access your accounts online with Guaranty Bank. Therefore, if you set your browser options to disallow cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our Site. The latest versions of internet browsers provide cookie management tools, such as the ability to delete or reject cookies. We recommend that you refer to information supplied by browser providers for more specific information, including how to use these tools.
Cookies is a term also used to describe other locally stored objects, such as cookies stored in an Adobe folder on your device. These cookies will not be deleted when you clear cookies from your browser. We may use this technology for purposes such as information security and fraud prevention. We may use this technology for online behavioral advertising purposes. Please refer to information provided by Adobe for information on how to disable and control Flash objects. If you choose those options, you may limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our Site.
Additional technologies. We may also use additional technologies such as pixel tags, web beacons, and clear GIFs, and may permit our third-party service providers to use these technologies. We use
these technologies for purposes such as measuring the effectiveness of our advertisements or other communications, determining viewing and response rates, and determining which offers to present to you on our own or on third party sites.
Using information. In addition to the uses described above, we use information for purposes as allowed by law such as: servicing; communicating with you; improving our Site, products, or services; legal compliance; risk control; information security; anti-fraud purposes; marketing or personalizing the presentation of our products and services to you; tracking website usage, such as number of hits, pages visited, and the length of user sessions in order to evaluate the usefulness of our sites; and using read-receipt notifications in our email communications.
We may share information with service providers with whom we work, such as data processors and companies that help us market products and services to you. When permitted or required by law, we may share information with additional third parties for purposes including response to legal process. As applicable, please see the additional privacy policies referenced above, such as the Guaranty Bank Consumer Privacy Notice, for more information on how we may share information with affiliates and third parties.
From our web pages, we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 without obtaining verifiable consent from their parents or legal guardians. We request that such individuals do not provide personal information through the services.
For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC website: www.ftc.gov.
Policy updates and effective date
If we make updates to this Policy, we will update the Policy with the changes and revise the “date of most recent update” posted at the top of this Policy. Any updates to the Policy become effective when we post the updates on the Site. Your use of the Site following the update to the Policy means that you accept the updated Policy.
Last Updated: August 28, 2023
Personal Online Banking App (the “App”) – helps you control your debit cards through your mobile device, making it easy to manage your finances on the go.
The App allows you to:
• get real-time balances for your accounts
• manage your money
• view your transactions and statements
• make transfers
• pay your bills and manage billers
• deposit a check
• receive alerts
• manage cards
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT IN THE APP
Through your use of the Services, we may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
(a) Personal Information You Provide to Us.
• We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail, telephone number, and social security number when you create an account.
• We will collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the Services, including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
• If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
• We also collect other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information requested by us if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
(b) Personal Information Collected from Third Parties. We may collect certain information from identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, in order to provide some of our Services.
(c) Personal Information Collected Via Technology. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
• Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
• Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
• Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
• Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
• Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
• Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the Services, we will collect location data when you use the Services even when the app is closed or not in use; for example, to provide our fraud detection services. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED IN THE APP
(a) General Use. In general, we use your personal information collected through your use of the Services to respond to your requests as submitted through the Services, to provide you the Services you request, and to help serve you better. We use your personal information, in connection with the App, in the following ways:
• facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account;
• identify you as a legitimate user in our system;
• provide improved administration of the Services;
• provide the Services you request;
• improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Services;
• send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and
• send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Services.
(b) Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
• comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
• protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
• audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
• enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
• prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
(c) Creation of Non-Identifiable Data. The App may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this information in a form that does not personally identify you to analyze request patterns and usage patterns to enhance our products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties in our discretion.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your personal information collected through your use of the Services as described below.
(c) Authorities and Others. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, The App may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, for the compliance and protection services described above.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have several choices regarding use of information on the Services.
(a) How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
(b) Access, Update, or Correct Your Information. You can access, update or correct your information by changing preferences in your account. For additional requests, please contact us.
(c) Opting Out of Email or SMS Communications. If you have signed-up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link included at the bottom of the email or other electronic communication. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under "Contact Us" below. If you provide your phone number through the Services, we may send you notifications by SMS, such as provide a fraud alert. You may opt out of SMS communications by unlinking your mobile phone number through the Services.
(d) Opting Out of Location Tracking. If you initially consented to the collection of geo-location information through the Services, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to our collection of location information, you may no longer be able to use some features of the App.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We implement reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
The Services are not directed towards individuals under the age of 18, and we do not, through the App, intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 18. If a child under 18 submits personal information to us through the App and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
Social Media Policy
Welcome to Guaranty Bank! We take pride in being an active member of the Springfield community and feel that our social media platforms are an extension of this effort. We encourage you to use this page as both an informational resource and a positive place to interact.
Guaranty Bank will strive to:
- Correct inaccurate or misleading content in a diligent and timely manner. We will not delete posts unless the post violates bank policy. Any changes or additions will be clearly marked.
- Disclose any conflicts of interests
- Provide relevant and original material and appropriate cite/attribute material made available via other social media presences and websites.
- Use good judgment in posts and respond to comments in a timely and respectful manner.
- Respect the participant’s privacy in this medium
Comment and Posting Policy
We encourage users to engage and interact on our social media pages. We ask that conversations follow the guidelines and that participants treat each other with respect. We reserve the right to delete comments or posts that do not adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please be respectful. Feel free to share your opinion and comments, but refrain from anything inflammatory, derogatory or unscrupulous.
- Please keep it clean. Guaranty Bank’s social media platforms are public, which means any content you post can be seen by anyone on our social media pages. Posts containing inappropriate language or photos will be untagged and/or deleted.
- Stay on topic. We ask that content by relevant to Guaranty Bank.
- No spam. Any comment, link or photo intended to promote a product, service or individual will be taken down immediately.
- Please do not post any personal information. Avoid sharing any confidential information like phone numbers, email addresses or account details that might compromise your security.
- While we encourage your involvement, please disclose your affiliation with Guaranty Bank and that what you post is your opinion and not necessarily the opinion of the Bank.
- Employees are allowed to associate themselves with the company when posting but they must clearly brand their online posts as personal and purely their own. The company should not be held liable for any repercussions the employees’ content may generate.
- Employees are allowed to associate themselves with the company in their profile, but they must be aware that in doing so, they are sharing the reputation of Guaranty Bank. Guaranty Bank will monitor social media affiliations and any content deemed inappropriate will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Content pertaining to sensitive company information (particularly those found within Guaranty Bank internal networks) should not be shared to the outside online community. Divulging information like the company’s design plans, internal operations and legal matters are prohibited.
- Proper copyright and reference laws should be observed by employees when posting online.
Guaranty Bank monitors social media pages and will do our best to respond in a timely manner. If you need immediate assistance, you may contact us at 1.833.875.2492 or stop by and see us at 2144 E Republic Road, Suite F200, Springfield, MO 65804.
Please note that Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram are owned and operated by third parties and their privacy policies should be reviewed independently of Guaranty Bank's. Third party posts about or related to our Bank do not reflect the views of Guaranty Bank or its affiliates, and have not been reviewed. Guaranty Bank does not endorse and is not responsible for any ads that any social media platforms may place on our pages, or for the content, products, advice, opinions, recommendations or other material of third party sites or other pages. Occasionally, we may provide links on social media from other unaffiliated third party websites that we may think are interesting to share. By providing these links, Guaranty Bank does not endorse or sponsor any of these products, services or content on the linked websites. We do not endorse or encourage clicking on links posted by other social media users, as these links may pose risks to your computer or direct you to inappropriate sites.